Accelerated Access is a 34 bed adult med/surg unit. Patients are a combination of short stays and admissions from the ER and clinics. Many patients come to E4 to await specialty placement on units that are full such as Oncology. Because of our purpose and unit structure, patient turnover is very high resulting in an extremely well coordinated team of professional nurses. We are also the home unit for the Cystic Fibrosis patient population. The unit currently employs a staff of 41 registered nurses and 4 hospital unit service coordinators. Job Summary Final Filing Date 5/11/2021 Salary Range $40.94 - $97.03 Salary Frequency Hourly Appointment Type Career Percentage of Time 90% Shift Hour 7pm – 7am Location Main Hospital City Sacramento Union Representation No Benefits Eligible Yes We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs. THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY Responsibilities Assistant Nurse Managers are registered nurses who are responsible for the operation of the nursing unit over a specific time period. The Assistant Nurse Manager must have a strong foundation of clinical knowledge and skills on which to base judgments and make decisions, organizing abilities to direct nursing tasks and operations, and interpersonal skills to facilitate communication and the work of others. The Assistant Nurse Manager accepts the responsibility for, and is accountable for, his/her own nursing practice. The Assistant Nurse Manager also seeks out and pursues opportunities for learning and assumes responsibility for their own self-development. Registered nurses must be knowledgeable and skillful in performing the Assistant Nurse Manager role. A registered nurse who assumes the role of Assistant Nurse Manager also assumes the responsibility inherent to the role. Three fundamental responsibilities for Assistant Nurse Manager include planning, coordinating, and evaluating unit nursing activities. In addition, the Assistant Nurse Manager identifies and implements nursing interventions and evaluates results for a wide variety of patient populations, directs and acts as resource to other members of the nursing team as assigned and promotes compliance and support for policies. The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing total, comprehensive, continuous and patient centered care which includes: assessing, documenting, planning, implementing, teaching, developing, and evaluating a comprehensive nursing plan of care; delivering direct patient care; ensuring patient satisfaction; training and delegating duties; and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations. Autonomous nursing care is the ability of a nurse to assess and provide nursing actions as appropriate for patient care populations based on competence, professional expertise, and knowledge. The nurse is expected to practice autonomously consistent with American Nurses' Association Standards of Practice and Professional Performance. Independent judgment is expected to be exercised within the context of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches to patient care. Required Qualifications
- At least 5 years of recent RN experience in a similar setting.
- At least 1 year of recent nursing leadership experience.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Possession of a current California RN license.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Knowledge of current trends in nursing.
- Commitment to excellence in patient care.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates accountability and professionalism.
- Adapts to change in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Knowledge of legal implications in clinical practice and documentation.
- Knowledge of performance improvement and evidence-based practice.
- Basic computer skills.
- CPR Certification.
- 3 years of recent nursing leadership experience.
- RN experience in a mental health setting.
- References reflect an overall meets or exceeds.
- Ability to work overtime, float to other areas and work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to safely lift 25 lbs. and assist in moving patients, and stand on feet over extended periods.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
Apply on company website