The Chief Compliance Office at UCR leads the campus efforts under the systemwide ethics and compliance program. The Office, lead by the Chief Compliance Officer and Locally Designated Official (LDO, a position responsible for whistleblower complaints) coordinates campus investigations and handles whistleblower and other types of complaints and reports. The Case Manager & Analyst supports the investigative function by tracking reports and complaints, participating in report assessment and inquiry, maintaining case management databases, and coordinating with other campus offices. This position provides staff support to the Investigations Group and subcommittees and works with the CCO team in addressing compliance risks and issues. The Case Manager & Analyst also helps define metrics to assess the strength and effectiveness of the compliance and ethics program and generates reports and analytics regarding investigations and other compliance activities. *All applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume for consideration.* Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Certifications Certification Requirement Paralegal Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement Experience working with I-Sight, Navex, Advocate or other case management system Preferred 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required Experience in higher education, law office, or governmental agency Preferred
Minimum Requirements Effective written and verbal communication skills. Skills in seeking more information and asking questions when assignments are unclear.
Sound interpersonal skills and ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with tact and diplomacy.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Ability to manage complex electronic case management system in an office with heavy caseload and high data volume.
Ability to logically comprehend, analyze and interpret data.
Excellent attention to detail; ability to evaluate data for accuracy and completeness.
Ability to use data to generate clear and concise reports to assist management in identifying and responding to patterns and trends.
Strong organizational skills.
Sound judgment and ability to address reported matters with a sense of urgency.
Ability to interact with people diverse in characteristics such as age, education, position/level, national origin, race, gender, ability, and socioeconomic backgrounds, in a culturally-competent manner.
Preferred Qualifications Intermediate knowledge of the ethics and compliance function.
Ability to gather, organize, and complete analysis for intermediate audit assignments.
Basic knowledge of issues relating to discrimination and harassment in a university or employment setting.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website