UC Riverside Information Technology Solutions (ITS) is searching for a Senior Banner Developer. The successful candidate in this role will have the opportunity to be involved in developing new standard integrations using the Ellucian Ethos framework. If you have a desire to design and create new solutions and be a part of improving UCRs student experience by partnering with students, faculty, and staff to deliver integrated reporting and student technology solutions that are simple, innovative, and scalable then this position is for you! The salary offer will be commensurate with experience within the budgeted range of $100,000 to $110,000. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Certifications Certification Requirement Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement 6 - 10 years of related experience. Required Experience using an advanced queueing tool or environment such as RabbitMQ or Oracle Advanced Queueing. Preferred Minimum of 3 years of experience with Ellucian Banner and/or other Ellucian products. Required Experience using Grails or Java. Preferred Minimum of 1 year of experience with Ellucian Ethos framework. Preferred
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Must pass a background check. Required Occasional travel for university related business meetings, conferences and/or professional development. Required
Minimum Requirements Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
Demonstrated complex problem- solving skills.
Experience developing and executing complex test plans.
Demonstrated software repository skills.
Advanced experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
Advanced experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums.
Advanced knowledge of secure software development
Highly advanced skills associated with software specification, design, modification, implementation and deployment of large-scale scope.
Excellent project leadership and management skills.
Current working knowledge of the Ellucian Banner Student Information System.
Advanced knowledge of PL/SQL.
Preferred Qualifications Current working knowledge of the Ellucian Ethos framework.
Current working knowledge of other Ellucian products such as Degree Works, Analytics, and Banner ODS.
Working knowledge of GitHub.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website