The Head of Data Governance will be responsible for the centralization of Valley Bank's Data Management function and the definition of Data Management Policies and Procedures. The Head of Data Governance will partner with business areas to help identify and educate data owners and data stewards and drive the adoption of overall Data Governance roles and responsibilities. Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Information Management, you will work closely with Data office and Technology Leadership to ensure successful implementation of key Data Governance policies, processes, and tools and the successful execution of numerous strategic data management change initiatives. The Governance head will champion the establishment/enhancement of various data management committees and working groups. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and centralize key Data Management Policies / Frameworks.
- Own the definition of Data Management Standards to support the Data Management Policy, such as:
- Data Governance Standards o Metadata Management Standards
- Data Quality & Control Standards
- Data Lineage Standards
- Authoritative Source Provisioning & Consumption Standards
- Reference & Master Data Management Standards
- Data Architecture Standards
- Assist with the definition of the Data Management Strategy in close collaboration with business stakeholders from across the bank.
- Implement formal Critical Data Element (CDE) identification and certification/attestation processes.
- Lead a Business Glossary initiative to identify and document the set of critical and impactful data elements and supporting metadata.
- Liaise with functional partners such as:
- Risk and Controls team to ensure business and IT controls are captured and tested to support CDE attestation
- IT team to ensure Functional and IT Lineage capture has been completed for CDEs
- Build and manage a team of associates to support delivery of Data Management Standards and Policies across Valley Bank.
- Recruitment, interviewing, hiring and training of team staff. Assist with on-going development, guidance, support, and provide performance feedback.
- Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Liaises with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis. Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Determines the frequency and content of status reports.
- Define project scope, deliverables, and resources that support business goals in collaboration with senior leadership and stakeholders project team, analyzes results and troubleshoots problem areas.
- Defines project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout project life cycle. Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Apply on company website