The Market Manager directly manages the Branch staff at one or more branches and is ultimately responsible for the staffing and overall performance of all employees within the branch; this includes interviewing, hiring, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions, coaching, developing and providing feedback. The Market Manager is responsible for enhancing client relationships and managing the staff and operational functions of the branches in order to meet the financial needs of the Bank's customers and the goals set forth by Retail Management. This includes independently developing and implementing strategies to achieve deposit, loan and profitability goals for the branch(s) and ensuring compliance with all bank policies while providing an outstanding customer experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the growth and profitability of their branch or branches. Improves revenues and expenses and creates an environment that exceeds client expectations. Coordinates and supports the team effort in referring leads to offices and other lines of business.
- Overall responsibility for the financial and operational performance of their branches.
- Responsible for the interviewing, hiring, performance evaluation, and disciplinary action for the staff within the branches.
- Develops the staff for career opportunities; manages the performance and development of employees within the branch which results in high performance, a team environment and positive employee morale.
- Develops market intelligence, communicates and drives the strategic direction and product mix within the market they manage.
- Manages and enhances client relationships through coaching and mentoring staff.
- Oversees the ABMs in ensuring operational functions of the branch are met
including cash control, auditing and compliance requirements.
- Builds new and expands existing customer relationships through a consultative approach that requires visiting customers in order to understand their business needs with an expected outcome of growing the deposit base of the branches, increasing product utilization and revenue within the market.
- Ensures primary and defined market area retail offices comply with all appropriate regulatory requirements which relate to retail operations and new accounts.
- Ensures the staff completes Learning Management System training and attends classes developed by Learning & Development to fulfill the requirements of their position.
- Ensures staff complies with all policies, practices and procedures including branch safety. Reports all unsafe activities to Divisional Head and/or Human Resources.
- Manages the escalation of customer service problems and/or requests as appropriate, proactively seeks answers and/or provides solutions and follows-up to ensure customer needs have been met.
- Directs a proactive approach to customer satisfaction and customer retention. Listens to and fully understands, the internal and external customer's needs. Interacts in an effective and positive manner with customers and co-workers.
- Represents the bank in the community and participates in community activities as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with the Bank's Code of Conduct and all policies and procedures.
- May provide divisional sales/leadership support in the absence of Divisional/Special divisional initiatives.
Apply on company website