The SBA Business Development Officer will identify, market, and sell SBA Products in the designated footprint. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with soliciting new SBA business from present and prospective clients. Conduct calls and other marketing efforts focused on prospects, clients, internal referral sources, and external referral sources.
- Establish strong referral network and relationships with commercial real estate agents, brokers, CPA's, accountants, attorneys, and other Centers of Influence (COI's).
- Call on potential SBA customers with the Bank's RM's. Educate the borrower on SBA process, structure, and set expectations.
- Develop and maintain intimate knowledge of the SBA SOP and subsequent changes.
- Analyze, determine eligibility, originate, and structure SBA loan requests.
- Submit complete documentation packages to the credit and packaging departments. Assist in the credit analysis and underwriting process.
- Refer conventional lending opportunities, treasury management, insurance, residential mortgage, and deposit relationships to bank partners.
- Stay actively involved in NAGGL and other forms of SBA training in order to be current on policies and procedure.
- Attend RM meetings and branch meetings when possible to discuss SBA Lending and possible SBA prospects.
- Coordinate with RM, SBA Administration, Loan assistant/closer, and closing attorney to insure loan closings are in compliance with bank policy, banking regulations, and SBA SOP.
- Attend SBA closings.
- Participate in civic and community activities to promote the SBA Program and the Bank.
Apply on company website