Wind Creek is looking for an IT Data Engineer to support our IT Applications and Data Strategy and Analytics Departments in their ongoing transformation to a best-in-class data platform. This individual should have extensive involvement with building and monetizing data products and be capable of leading discussions related to the product development process. This candidate should have experience with migrating data platforms from a traditional on-prem approach to a cloud-based architecture.
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provide guests an escape from their routine into our exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build and maintain scalable, automated data products, to meet the needs of and drive innovation within the business.
- Develop data products with the ability to and intention of monetizing.
- Design, build and maintain scalable, automated data pipelines to enable Reporting, Data Visualization, Analytics, Data Science Machine Learning and Internal products and solutions.
- Support current Java based ETLs and validate data in current Oracle and MSSQL environments.
- Develop new efficient and redundant ELTs as related to cloud transformation project.
- Develop data validation procedures to ensure data is accurate and comprehensive for end users.
- Participate in Agile and Scrum methodology to deliver quality data products.
- Work with technical and business teams to gather the business requirements, timeline and priority of the requested or enhanced data product.
- Document all processes and code. Maintain code repository accuracy.
What You'll Bring:
- At least three (3) years' experience working hands on in an engineering or product role utilizing a cloud-based Data platform such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Azure or Google Big Query. Experience migrating from an on-prem database to cloud based.
- Previous experience leading or participating in data product development process
- The skills and knowledge to create complex and efficient SQL queries across multiple data platforms (MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL)
- Ability to develop and maintain ETLs and ELTs in order to move, transform and combine data from multiple applications in multiple locations.
- Skill to develop, document and troubleshoot Java programming language.
- Previous work with Kafka or other Event Streaming Platforms.
- Strong communication and consulting skills and a working knowledge of agile development, including DevOps concepts.
- MS Office skills including Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Ability to mentor and teach other engineers.
Apply on company website