The Seamstress should be able to provide expert services in all aspects of alterations for new and engaged employees. Repairs employee uniforms to meet policy standards. Hems pants, shortens cuffs, etc. Provides alterations to ensure uniforms are well-fitting and professional. Will assist with the gathering of information for the completion of monthly inventory and stocking inventory. Will assist with uniform processing when requested.
Our genuine engagement and positive energy provide guests an escape from their routine into our exciting fantasy world of fun, chance, and possibility, where everyone feels a sense of belonging and importance.
Our enthusiastic commitment to our purpose inspires and empowers us to do everything right, have fun, and be the best. We will be recognized fairly, elevating our levels of personal accountability, and focus on our customer. The resulting creation of wealth will grow opportunities for all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Any and all alterations of all departmental uniforms
- Machine and or hand sewing; meaning anything from buttons, zippers, patches, facings, pockets, hems, seams, and linings and on any material
- Greets and approaches employees promptly to determine type and quality of tailoring necessary
- Must be capable of performing proper fitting/measuring technique to insure expert alterations and sizing
- Keeps record of supplies used and needs
- Inventory supplies for sewing needs and will report needed supplies to manager for ordering
- Maintains cleanliness and good housekeeping in sewing area
- Demonstrates productivity that drives towards decreased lead time
- Performs weekly maintenance on sewing equipment to ensure proper working order (oil, clean, etc.)
- Efficient utilization of materials
- Sewing operator should be able to stand, sit bend, squat, reach, stretch, lift, and twist as needed or repeatedly throughout an 8-hour shift
- Repairs uniforms using sewing machine or binding machine
- Hand sews buttons or other accents on uniforms
- Irons uniforms as necessary to ensure uniforms are creased and crisp
- Schedules uniform fittings for newly hired employees; meets deadlines to ensure employees have uniform alterations completed when promised
- Assists Manager with monthly inventory
- Assists Wardrobe Clerk with Auto Valet and uniform processing when necessary
- Communicates effectively with employees; always delivers information in a positive manner; adheres to established customer service standards
- Other duties & responsibilities as assigned
Apply on company website