The primary responsibility of the Specialist - Technology is to support for all levels of system design, installation and enhancement of hardware and software applications in the organization. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and Wind Creek Bethlehem practices, and procedures.
- Assess and troubleshoot software/hardware problems through debugging, testing, and vendor assistance.
- Provide recommendations regarding software/hardware changes to correct problems.
- Assess, identify, troubleshoot, and diagnose failing/failed components through use of testing procedures and diagnostic software.
- Instruct system users on basic application and personal productivity software functions in an informal setting.
- Assist with defining policies and procedures, and works to improve call handling and resolution process.
- Communicate resolution to appropriate IS staff and system users.
- Install and upgrade Microsoft Windows operating systems including standard applications and associated peripherals.
- Update virus protection programs and Client PC's operating systems.
- Logs problem calls and resolutions.
- Possess a working knowledge of all department and company policies and procedures and Rules of Conduct and must enforce the same.
- Manage staff and organize department functions in accordance with company guidelines.
- Delegate tasks and department assignments or projects, meeting deadlines related to those assignments.
- Direct others in completion of a task or assignment. Render advice, and provide expertise or judgment based on information gathered, studied, analyzed or reviewed.
- Arrange timeline to complete tasks and department assignments or projects, and meet the deadlines related to those assignments.
- Work on actual project or service to help achieve the objectives of the department.
- Evaluate information to render an opinion or take action based on that information that will impact the department or function.
- Focus on achieving the goals or objectives of the department.
- Evaluate the schedule or timelines related to the completion of assignments, while maintaining service and/or product quality.
- Develop a working knowledge of all PGCB rules, regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
- Must read and understand the Wind Creek Bethlehem Compulsive and Problem Gambling Plan with regards to how to conduct business in this position and specifically the regulations prohibiting service to minors and/or intoxicated persons.
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company's diversity commitment; adherence to the company's status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
Apply on company website