SUMMARY OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to participate and represent nursing in the Organization's leadership and direct nursing services.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Participates in planning, forecasting, and meeting budget for assigned cost center(s) while explaining financial variances
- Continually monitors and evaluates initiatives involving care coordination
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, education, orientation, retention, evaluation, and professional development of staff
- Assumes responsibility for staffing and scheduling of personnel within their assigned cost center
- Develops role definitions, guidelines, and expectations for staff
- Follows the progressive disciplinary action process as appropriate
- Fosters a climate conducive to mentoring and coaching staff
- Applies principles of crisis management to handle conflict and promote a healthy work environment
- Values diversity and maintains an environment of inclusiveness and fairness
- Facilitates participation of staff in organizational and unit-based decision-making councils
- Coordinates nursing services with the services of other health care disciplines
- Fosters and promotes an environment of learning, while promoting professional development
- Identifies key performance indicators and continually monitors department metrics
- Develops and implements strategies based on evidence-based practice to improve patient outcomes and experience
- Educates the staff and holds them accountable for practicing within the standards.
- Maintains continual regulatory readiness
- Participates in hospital-based governance councils
- Utilizes technology to support unit and patient outcomes
- Promotes HRO tools and tones for high reliability
- Committed to workplace safety
- Participates in strategic planning and evaluation of strategic plan
- Active participation in performance improvement initiatives
- Facilitates change
- Commitment to continued personal and professional growth, including career planning
- Patient and family advocate, policy management, and managing relationships with providers
- Respects patients' rights and responsibilities
- Demonstrates respect for the customer's culture, language, customs and beliefs
- Demonstrates use of age-specific principles in communicating and education population of service
- Improves value at the point of care (service, outcomes, cost, and safety)
- Availability to support staff to assist with required responsibilities
- Demonstrates, creates, and fosters a work environment that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Aultman Health Foundation and provides care that consistently complies with the Aultman Corporate Service Standards and high reliability culture.
- Manages time wisely and seeks assignments when duties are completed.
- Represents the hospital by volunteering for community activities which may include participation at community events, activities or on local boards.
- Seeks opportunities for involvement and participates in hospital based committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of approved school of nursing
- Active Registered Nurse license in the State of Ohio
- BSN required; MSN preferred
- Specialty Certification
- Membership in a professional nursing organization
- 5 years of clinical experience (minimum)
- BLS; ACLS; PALS, NRP, and/or TNCC (in some clinical areas)
- Demonstration of strong leadership skills including critical thinking, decision analysis and collaboration
- Subject to background check and fingerprinting
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- 8:00am – 5:00pm M-F or hours as required by the job.
- Occasional weekends and off-shifts.
- On-call manager rotation; available as needed
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
- Hazardous Exposure Category – I – tasks that involve exposure to blood, bodily fluids or tissues
Apply on company website