Inova L.J. Murphy Childrens Hospital
To meet the needs of the regions children and provide seamless, high quality, comprehensive pediatric care close to home for the children & families of Northern Virginia, Inova Childrens Service Line has recently enlarged its ambulatory network of subspecialists. We are seeking a qualified Physician Assistant to join our rapidly-growing team of pediatric specialists as part of the Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery.
Responsibilities and Practice Details:
- The Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery cares for the full scope of childhood neurosurgical diagnoses, including brain tumors, craniofacial abnormalities, congenital anomalies, functional disorders, spinal malformations and injuries, and all other neurosurgical conditions afflicting children.
- The Inova L.J. Murphy Childrens Hospital Pediatric Surgical Center provides a child-friendly environment for children as they prepare and recover from surgery.
- Neurosurgery ambulatory clinic located in Fairfax, Virginia (proximity to Inova L.J. Murphy Childrens Hospital/Inova Fairfax Hospital).
- Part of an integrated neurotrauma program model that is supported by the Inova Fairfax Neurosurgery practice team.
- Faculty of the Inova Fairfax Neurosurgery Residency Program and Pediatric Residency Program.
- Affiliation with University of Virginia Medical School Inova Campus, with an academic appointment and research opportunities available.
- Highly competitive salary with incentives
- Full Medical, dental and vision
- Generous PTO and paid time to attend CME
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Potential to develop subspecialty clinics in your area of interest
Our state-of-the-art Pediatric Multispecialty Ambulatory Practice at Willow Oaks is home to thirteen pediatric specialties, with an additional six specialties ramping up in the next 12-18 months. This practice is across the street from Inova L.J. Murphy Childrens Hospital, a 226-bed childrens hospital at Inova Fairfax Hospital medical campus, located in Northern Virginia. Inova L.J. Murphy Children's Hospital is the only dedicated childrens hospital in Northern Virginia. We provide care in a welcoming environment that offers the latest in technical innovation in kid-friendly spaces. Other features of our hospital include:
- 108-bed, level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- Inova Childrens Heart Center
- Inova Childrens Cancer Center
- Level One Trauma Center
- Complex pediatric care across a spectrum of specialties
- Pediatric Emergency Department and network of pediatric emergency care seeing over 100,000 patients annually
- Child Life Services dedicated in each inpatient space and outpatient procedural area
- Specialized air and ground transport service
- Ronald McDonald House
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program with current licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant in the Commonwealth of Virginia and current certification through the NCCPA.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Pediatric experience or interest
- A minimum of 4-6 years as a PA
- Organized, self-directed withindependent clinical skills
- Procedure skills,PICU and NICU experience
- OR first assist experience
Apply on company website