Shipping Clerk – Ringwood, IL
Kelly Outsourcing & Consulting Group (KellyOCG), a managed solution provider and business unit of Kelly Services, Inc., is currently seeking a Shipping Clerk for a long-term engagement at one of our Global clients in Ringwood, IL. This role is a full-time, fully benefitted position. As a KellyOCG employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits to choose from. You'll also be eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation and sick/personal time. All KellyOCG employees receive annual performance reviews.
As a Shipping Clerk placed with KellyOCG you will be responsible for the following:
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work with the logistics activity scheduler to ensure that all shipping paperwork, pick tickets, labels, are generated and organized to meet on time shipping requirements.
- Generate paperwork for shipments.
- Call to schedule pick-ups for less than full truckloads (LTL) with trucking companies.
- Organize shipping/receiving files accordingly to comply with client's Record Retention Requirements.
- Maintain and update daily truck appointment schedules.
- Process and delivery of small items/boxes that arrive via FedEx and UPS to office personnel.
- Inspect pallets for proper packaging, stacking, and labeling according to specifications.
- Work with management team to update, develop and implement operational procedures.
- Monitor and close logbook actions, manage returns when they come in working with QA for disposition and product removal accordingly.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to identify potential hazards in the workplace and to take action to eliminate/minimize risks.
- Comply with all site rules and safety requirements and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Notify supervision of all injuries, illnesses and other safety incidents immediately.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required and some college preferred.
- Proficiency on Microsoft applications as well as SAP/Diamond Systems.
- PC Experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Previous AS400 and/or warehouse management systems (WMS) experience preferred.
- 4-6 years' experience preferred.
- Experience with maintaining DOT paperwork, IATA certification and DGI training.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. safely.
- Qualified candidate will need to meet all requirements of the pre-employment “Fitness for Duty” assessment.
To learn more about KellyOCG and our Managed Solutions expertise, visit us at kellyocg.com/Solutions/Business-and-Professional Services.
Important information: This position is recruited by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must submit your resume. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website