- BA or BS degree from in a technical field
- Development of system level engineering requirements from governing policy and performance assessment recommendations
- Experience evaluating the cyber compliance of a system against DoD Cybersecurity policies and experience providing systems engineering, or operational support to the DoD, including supporting system administration, and systems security, including review of preliminary and critical designs, and subsequent configuration changes, to ensure compliance with established security requirements
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, including DoD 8500.02, DoD 8510, NIST SP 800-37, NIST SP 800-53 or 53A, NIST SP 800-30, or CNSSI 1253
- Mimimum of DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II Certification
- Must hold and maintain an active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- Master of Science Degree in an Engineering/Cyber Security related discipline
- Knowledgeable in Technical Information Systems Engineering, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), network security architectures, Radars, Aegis Combat System, Ship Self Defense System, and/or DoD acquisition
- Ability to perform technical assessments, evaluations, and advise the government on new equipment/system capabilities, tools and solutions
- Directly related experience with Navy In-Service Engineering processes and procedures
- Program Protection experience
- Systems engineering background and experience with hardware/software integration
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Management (IAM) III or IAT III Certification
SPA is seeking a dedicated Cyber Security Systems Engineer to support the U.S. Navy's Advanced Radars (AN/SPY-6) Programs. This position will provide direct support to the lead Systems Engineer and Program Protection Lead for Advanced Radars programs, specifically Air and Missile Defense Radar (AMDR) and Enterprise Air Surveillance Radar (EASR).
For this critical work, we are looking for a proactive Systems Engineer to assist with hardware and software requirements generation for radar systems/subsystems. Primary responsibilities for this position will be to: perform analytical work that involves reviewing and evaluating appropriate new technologies, policy, and doctrine to support requirements traceability and capabilities engineering; conduct analysis in support architecture design for the U.S. Navy and support compliance; assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life-cycle; provide cyber engineering support tasks associated with integration, testing, and certification of combat system elements into surface ships; and serve as a key facilitator in the process of examination and acceptance of contractual requirements for the U.S. Navy. Your expertise will provide guidance in systems engineering design, development, implantation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
No specific radar experience is needed, but radar experience would be very helpful.
Apply on company website