Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Within Systems Planning and Analysis (SPA), the Strategic Development Group (SDG) delivers program planning, system engineering, financial analysis, safety analysis, logistics management support, and risk analyses to the Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) hypersonic weapon program. Our team is comprised of high quality people that have a passion for doing important work that matters to the Navy and our Nation. If you think critically and have a strong work ethic, we would like to hear from you.
SPA has a near-term need for a Program Analyst.
Using your engineering or technical background, provide program analyst support to the Navy customer in the area of flight systems and platform integration. Using your experience, provide solutions and recommendations to the Navy customer to ensure a disciplined approach to the weapon system development. You will review proposed technical drawings, schedules, ship integration plans, and test plans to provide recommendations to the Navy customer. You will also participate in design reviews with the System Integrator and stakeholders on the Program Team. Additional duties include supporting the identification, tracking, and resolution of engineering issues related to technical interfaces, technology insertion / design improvements and other program initiatives while identifying risks and developing mitigation plans for identified cost, schedule, and technical issues. Finally you will assist in preparing briefing materials, issue papers, point papers and ad hoc reports.
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering, systems engineering, ocean engineering, or a technical discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in a technical field, systems engineering, or relevant analytical position. A Masters Degree in a technical field and two (2) years of professional experience may substitute.
- Ability to obtain a Secret DoD clearance is a must - U.S. citizenship required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment.
- Experience supporting Navy or DoD Acquisition programs.
- Experience in hypersonics, missiles, or shipboard systems
- DAWIA Program Management certification.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate.
- Top Secret security clearance.
- Knowledge with MATLAB, AUTOCAD,
- Ability to create Excel Pivot Tables, Macros, and utilize Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
Apply on company website