- Minimum 8 years of professional experience performing systems engineering, integration, and test activities for the ground segment of a Major Defense Acquisition Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or STEM from an accredited institution
- US Citizen and possession of a current Secret Clearance
- Your resume must demonstrate experience:
- With technical processes for requirements definition, architecture design, integration, and transition
- With technical management processes for decision analysis, technical planning, technical assessment, requirements management, risk management, configuration management, technical data management, and interface management
- Performing systems engineering for all phases of the software development life cycle
- Collaborating and delivering results in an Agile Scrum framework
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for software systems
- Performing integration and test activities for complex software components into a fully functional software system
- Employing Model-Based Systems Engineering best practices and techniques in managing system requirements, designs, analysis, verification, and validation activities
- Proficiently using Jira and Confluence
- Current INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional
At SPA, we strive to deliver a robust total compensation package that will attract and retain top talent. Elements of the compensation package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
SPA provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, etc.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are commensurate with experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations. California/Colorado Pay Transparency Range: 140k - 215k
As a Senior Systems Engineer at SPA, you will support SSC's Software Factory, also known as Kobayashi Maru. Kobayashi Maru is responsible for continuously delivering impactful software for space operations. The Factory's mission includes the development and deployment of software for space defense, space domain awareness, and enabling data services.
This position is part of the Kobayashi Maru Systems Engineering/Integration & Test team, specifically assigned as a Mission Capability Lead. As Mission Capability Lead, you are 100% capability-focused and responsible for the successful design, development, integration, test, deployment, documentation, and training of the capability for which you are assigned. The capabilities you may become responsible for include software solutions for orbit determination, decay/re-entry/de-orbit, launch, satellite catalog administration, or general software application support. Each capability represents part of a larger product. As such, you will be in daily collaboration with the Product Owner and Product Manager to set the product vision, define product features (i.e., epics), collect user story prioritization, deliver on integration & test commitments, and manage external dependencies.
As a Senior Systems Engineer – Mission Capability Lead, you are responsible for the following:
- Understanding the traceability for your assigned capability back to the enterprise requirement;
- Uphold and enforce standardized engineering, integration and test processes throughout delivery of the capability;
- Decompose the capability into sub-threads, define the lowest level functional requirements of each sub-thread needed to meet acceptance criteria, and maintain status of each requirement/sub-thread;
- Develop an event-based roadmap to detail the integration and test sequence needed to deliver the capability;
- Ensure the Product Owner, Product Manager, and other engineers understand what is and what is not within the scope of the capability;
- Manage and plan for all programmatic dependencies impacting the capability, which may include data feeds, test environments, and platform functionality;
- During test events, you will ensure clear definition of the end-to-end capability being tested and assist in the creation of the test approach;
- Become an expert of your users' workflow to ensure the capability's requirements are complete and all dependencies accounted for;
- Become part of a larger Integrated Product Team, wherein you will champion for the assigned capability, attend Agile ceremonies (e.g., sprint planning, daily standup, backlog refinement/grooming, sprint reviews and demos, and sprint retrospectives), and report plans/progress to stakeholders.
This position offers a hybrid working schedule. You will be expected to work on-site with the Government customer in El Segundo, CA or Colorado Springs, CO at least 2 days per week and travel once or twice a quarter to Vandenberg Space Force Base due to the occasional need to access secure networks.
Apply on company website