Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The right candidate will support the Air Combat Command (ACC) A2 at Langley AFB, VA. The position's primary focus relates to the development of the Air Force's ISR data architecture to meet the need of the every evolving national security challenges.
SPA has a need for a Software Engineer.
The right candidate will support the Air Combat Command's ISR Data and Tech Futures division by assisting with algorithm development, technical investigations, systems and performance analysis, planning and verification/validation activities. Develop software to process sensor signals from various ISR systems and transform into “big data” hosted in cloud environments; develop software interfaces to sensor systems, develop data management software, support distributed processing, develop graphical user interfaces (native and web-based), and develop and automate software testing. Develop and implement data mining, advanced data analytics, visualization, and other quantitative or data science measurement technologies against ISR processes and products. Additionally the right candidate will establish data capture and storage mechanisms for ISR data, assist in building and maintaining data repositories a classified cloud-based, end-to-end, automated ISR data capability that will mature into a comprehensive “big data” repository of the full constellation of Air Force ISR sensors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or another applicable engineering / technical discipline.
- 3+ years' of experience in military intelligence or the IC with demonstrated exposure to ISR sensor capabilities, experience using scripting or programming languages to deliver data engineering/software development services; with experience using Python, and GitHub in a Linux development environment; and with minimum experience in the following languages: Golang (Go), and Java.
- 1+ year(s) of experience developing software in and for cloud-hosted capabilities.
- Experience providing User Defined / On-Demand processing of ISR data that is scalable within customer's virtual and/or cloud-based infrastructure environments.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance, with ability to maintain, or eligibility for SCI with a Tier-5 background investigation or SSBI.
Apply on company website