The overall effort supports the Air Force's Headquarters Air Combat Command Intelligence Directorate (ACC/A2). Analytic data scientists provide subject matter expertise in the field of data science to assist and advise ACC in developing, evaluating and fielding information-centric decision-making technology, TTPs, and training to maximize analytical opportunities with USAF, Joint/Department of Defense (DoD), and other data sources.
Additionally, they represent ACC/A2 inside and outside the command to deliver data-driven, agilely designed capabilities for ISR Airmen.
- Use knowledge of and experience with industry, DoD, and Intel Community (IC) data management, conditioning, and analysis to provide subject matter expertise in the field of data science for the organization, training, equipping, fielding, and operation of AF ISR forces.
- Develop and apply emerging data science methodologies and tools from industry, DoD, and the IC to improve AF ISR tradecraft and streamline/automate labor/time-intensive processes.
- Apply understanding of advanced hardware, software, and analytic techniques to develop computational algorithms and statistical models to discover and exploit patterns and relationships in large volumes of data for AF ISR applications.
- Create novel methods to visualize data using a range of tools; develop scripts and algorithms; create explanatory and predictive models; and conduct comparative analysis to address complex problems.
- Conduct data exploration/refinement and build basic machine learning models; assist to operationalize machine-learning models to production in software.
- Support AF, Joint, and DoD development of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and advanced analytic tools and interfaces.
- Support subordinate ACC units with various mathematical approaches to visualize and make sense of complex, unstructured data; support subordinate ACC units by developing recommendations for the enhancement of intelligence production and platform management processes through the incorporation of locally developed advanced analytics to include application of data science methods and practices.
- Clearly communicate conclusions to intelligence analysts, planners, operators, and decision makers in a Data Science Team framework.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or another relevant field.
- Ability to participate in a project that requires the use of an array of data science methodologies, including statistics, text analytics, algorithms and numerical optimization, along with specialties such as machine learning.
- Demonstrated “data wrangling” IT skills, such as proficiency in Python and/or R, as applied to programming access and manipulation of data.
- Demonstrated experience working with one or more database structures; experience with database retrieval methods (e.g., SQL and APIs).
- Experience working with a range of data storage/access options (e.g., S3 buckets, FTP sites, APIs).
- Experience enabling access to data through databases and dashboards.
- Possess TS security clearance and be SCI eligible by the CCF based on an SSBI.
- Possess Master's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or another relevant field.
- Possess strong domain knowledge in IC, Joint, or AF ISR.
Apply on company website