The Undersea Technology Assessment Group (UTAG) is looking for Management Analysts to support submarine and undersea program analysis. UTAG within SPA supports the Navy and other government organizations with timely and objective capability assessments, technology evaluations, and strategic planning that integrate the technical, operational, programmatic, policy, and business aspects of undersea warfare (USW) and broader Navy issues. UTAG provides mature, turnkey products that reflect all of the factors important to decision makers.
Provide leadership support to Undersea area Program Managers in the following areas:
- Acquisition Planning Support - Develop, analyze and review acquisition program documentation
- Strategic Business Planning Support - Develop strategic and programmatic business plans
- Risks and Opportunities Management Support - Review program risks and opportunities
In Business & Financial Support (1 position), support the Program Office in:
- Budget Planning Support - Budget development, execution and reporting
- Budget Execution Support - Track and analyze program financial transaction and prepare obligation/expenditure plans
- Execution Monitoring/Control Support - Draft budget exhibits and briefings
- Statutory and Regulatory Reports - Support and apprise Government of changes to statutory & regulatory reporting requirements
- Contract Management Support
- Cost Analyses
- Bachelor Degree in business or technical field
- 10 or more years experience in engineering/science management, operations research analysis, financial/cost analysis, or a relevant field
- Experience working with the DoD, military services, or defense industry.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to communicate to decision makers.
- Master's Degree in business or technical field
- 10 or more years of experience with Navy acquisition and/or In-Service Programs.
- Five or more years experience working with the Department of Navy (DON) Programming, Planning, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) process as well as the RDT&E,N, OPN, O&M,N WPN and SCN appropriations.
- Experience leading a project and interfacing with an end item customer.
- The ability to work with the Program Budget Information System (PBIS), and Budget Object Classification System (BOCS) is highly desirable.
- Five or more years experience with the DON Program Objectives Memorandum (POM) process. as well as the execution of appropriated funds to include the monitoring of program office expenditures and obligations, spend plans and. Unliquidated Obligation (ULO)/Negative Unliquidated Obligation (NULO).
- Strong Microsoft Excel spreadsheet capability is desired.
- Written communication skills (e.g. drafting program impact statements and Congressional Appeals) is highly desired.
Apply on company website