The Australian Maritime Analysis Group provides senior decision makers within the Australian Defence Force and Royal Australian Navy with timely and objective assessments affecting their maritime community investment strategies. The group's primary focus is providing technical analysis and program management support at the program office level, including client site support in Canberra, Australia. Our team of experienced military professionals and operations research analysts integrate naval warfare expertise with advanced analytic methods - including force generation modeling, agent-based tactical simulations, and operational mission analyses - to deliver strategies that redress capacity and capability gaps.
Responsible for developing innovative concepts of operations and capability plans, and for translating them into detailed written and graphical descriptions used to develop and support tactical, operational and strategic surface and undersea warfare analysis. Responsible for conducting military effectiveness analysis of alternative capabilities to inform the development of formal requirements and program plans across the spectrum of science and technology (S&T), research and development (R&D), and program acquisition. Support and eventually take a leading role in the development and employment of modeling and simulation analysis tools and in briefing analysis results to top-level government decision makers. Opportunities for international travel.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- 10+ years of submarine warfare experience
- Successful completion of submarine Executive Officer tour
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM). May substitute a non-technical degree with demonstrated technical acumen.
- Effectively contribute on teams developing rigorous analytic solutions to top-level Navy issues
- Exercise independent judgment and work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability and willingness to multi-task, and capable of professionally addressing client questions and issues
- Proficient with the MS Office Suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Active DoD Secret clearance or higher
- Experience with Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and/or Anti-Surface Warfare (ASuW)
- Master's degree
- Demonstrated ability in applying innovative concepts, quantitative tools and creative data visualization methods to address Naval issues
- Experience in military operations analysis, including requirements definition, conduct of analyses of alternatives, and the JCIDS process
- Experience using MATLAB, Java, or other analytical software to solve complex problems
- Modeling and Simulation (M&S) experience
Apply on company website