Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
The Simulation, Operational Analysis & Wargaming Group (SOWG) provides senior Government decision makers with timely and objective assessments evaluating military operations across the spectrum of conflict for a range of Department of Defense (DoD) customers. The group's primary focus is providing operational/technical analysis and program management support at the program office level, including client site support at the Pentagon and Strategic Capabilities Office (SCO). Our team of experienced military analysts and operations research analysts integrate warfare expertise with advanced analytic methods - to deliver assessments and strategies to top level decision makers.
Lead and support the conduct of operational and technical analysis using a variety of quantitative, qualitative, and modeling and simulation based approaches that evaluate Joint and combined military operations. Applicants will work in sync with team members to prototype, develop, and employ a variety of analytic tools and simulations in support of our analytic efforts. Work will include the design, planning, development and documentation of all assessments. Status reports and results will be developed, prepared and presented to Government stakeholders predominantly from the DoD.
- Interim DOD Top Secret clearance and previous DoD experience (5+ years)
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) or non-technical degree with demonstrated technical acumen
- Ability to effectively contribute to a team developing rigorous analytic solutions
- Exercise independent judgment and work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Capable of professionally addressing client questions and issues with senior decision makers
- Proficient with the MS Office Suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance and previous DoD experience (8+ years)
- Master's degree completed or enrolled in an accredited STEM Master's Program
- Demonstrated ability in applying innovative concepts, quantitative tools, and creative data visualization methods
- Previous experience with military operations analysis
- Modeling and Simulation (M&S) expertise and/or analytic software application expertise (e.g., AFSIM, R, Python, Tableau, etc.) to solve complex problems
Apply on company website