Within the Undersea and Surface Warfare Division, the Australian Maritime Analysis Group seeks a passionate and independent analyst to join their growing team. The individual will be responsible for the creation and sustainment of custom-built software applications and mathematical models for trade-space analysis of new and evolving military capabilities. The individual will also provide analytic support throughout all phases of requirements analysis on a collection of unique and challenging technical programs. Opportunity for overseas travel to Australia!
Key functions and responsibilities include:
- Lead development of custom-built software applications and mathematical models
- Help define analytic methodologies used to set expectations for new and evolving military capabilities, and assist with trade-space studies to evaluate such capabilities
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to contextualize systems and concepts of operations for modeling and analysis
- Execute analysis and document findings in reports and briefs
- Present findings to senior SPA leadership and international clients
- Stay knowledgeable of best practices, and work with others to identify areas of improvement within the group and throughout SPA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research, or a related technical discipline.
- 3-5 years practical application of principles, concepts, methods, and tools for data analysis or software development.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of database development and mathematical modeling.
- Demonstrated ability using analytic software packages and programming languages (VBA, R, Python, SAS, MATLAB).
- Ability to break down complex unstructured problems and lay out objective approaches to identify and compare the merits of competing solutions.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite of products (Excel and VBA, Access, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Current DoD SECRET or TOP SECRET security clearance
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research or a related field
- 5+ years practical application of principles, concepts, methods, and tools for conducting statistical analysis
- 2+ years supporting national security related programs, preferably analytic programs within the DoD
Apply on company website