Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Within Systems Planning and Analysis (SPA), the Strategic Development Group (SDG) delivers program planning, system engineering, financial analysis, safety analysis, logistics management support, and risk analyses to the Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) hypersonic weapon program. Our team is comprised of high quality people that have a passion for doing important work that matters to the Navy and our Nation. If you think critically and have a strong work ethic, we would like to hear from you.
SPA has a near-term need for a Program Analyst.
The Program Analyst will provide acquisition support to the Navy's hypersonic program office by reviewing data, acquisition information, and completing assigned tasks. They will regularly interact with external stakeholders, program management (at all levels), and members of the technical functional teams with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution. The Analyst will monitor existing contracts, review submitted contract deliverables, and execute other aspects of the acquisition process as well as provide contract records management support such as maintaining contract related databases or spreadsheets, presentations, and action item listings. In addition, they will track, report, and provide metrics on CDRL submittals, dispositions, quality and timeliness using data provided by the program office.
The Program Analyst will support the design, development, and execution of innovative acquisition strategies to support streamlined acquisition approaches in line with Navy and Defense Department policy. They will gather data, research acquisition information, and present findings in a smart, clean, and intuitive manner.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Economics, National Security, or a technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in DoD acquisition or contract administration.
- Active SECRET or higher DoD clearance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment.
- Experience with DoD Middle Tier Acquisition or ACAT I programs.
- Experience with acquisition management and strategies.
- Familiar with CDRL management, terms and conditions, scope, cost of government contracts, subcontracts, non-disclosure agreements, and Teaming Agreements.
- Experience with procurement preparation, planning, and documentation development including researching requirements.
- DAWIA certification in Program Management or Contracts.
- Basic knowledge of applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), and International Traffic in Arms Regulations. (ITAR).
- Ability to create Excel Pivot Tables, Macros, and utilize Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
Apply on company website