Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Within Systems Planning and Analysis (SPA), the Strategic Development Group (SDG) delivers program planning, system engineering, financial analysis, safety analysis, logistics management support, and risk analyses to the Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) hypersonic weapon program. Our team is comprised of high quality people that have a passion for doing important work that matters to the Navy and our Nation. If you think critically and have a strong work ethic, we would like to hear from you.
SPA has a near-term need for a Junior Program Analyst.
The Program Analyst will use their engineering background to provide program analyst support to the Navy customer in part by preparing briefing materials, issue papers, point papers and ad hoc reports. In addition, they will review proposed technical drawings, schedules, ship integration plans, and test plans to provide recommendations to the Navy customer. The Analyst will participate in design reviews with the System Integrator and stakeholders on the Program Team as well as support the identification, tracking, and resolution of systems engineering issues related to technical interfaces, technology insertion / design improvements and other program initiatives. In addition, they will identify risks and develop mitigation plans for identified cost, schedule, and technical issues.
- Bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering, systems engineering, ocean engineering, or a technical discipline.
- Internship or professional experience working professionally on DoD, Navy, or engineering projects.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET DoD clearance is a must - U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a quick learner who adapts easily to frequently changing requirements and thrives in an exciting environment.
- Experience supporting Navy or DoD Acquisition programs
- Study focus area in hypersonics or systems engineering
- Modeling and simulation experience
- Knowledge with MATLAB, AUTOCAD,
- Ability to create Excel Pivot Tables, Macros, and utilize Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
Apply on company website