Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Strategic Systems Analysis Group (SSAG) provides multiple organizations within the Department of Defense with timely and objective assessments and recommendations that integrate technical, operational, programmatic, policy and business analysis. We focus on key clients in the undersea community including Navy's Strategic Systems Programs (SSP), and NAVSEA program managers for the COLUMBIA Class SSBNs and in service submarines. We work to provide integrated solutions based on information and communications throughout the chain of command to ensure clear and consistent analysis and recommendations that are aligned to strategic and leadership goals while still being executable by the working level technical communities.
SPA has an immediate or near term need for a Project Scheduler.
SPA's Strategic Systems Analysis Group seeks a Project Scheduler to support the development and acquisition of a major Department of the Navy Acquisition effort currently in the early stages.
- Create and maintain Microsoft Project files, including use of templates from completed projects, define project tasks, resource assignments, milestones, predecessors, successors, durations, date constraints, % completes, baselines, critical paths, etc.
- Troubleshoot and monitor potential schedule problems including bottlenecks and critical path.
- Determine, monitor, and review all project schedules to include resources, interdependences, risks, etc.
- Provide input, recommendations, and assistance regarding scheduling conflicts/ changes.
- Identify major milestones, decision points, project lifecycle and other project events.
- Facilitate and participate in program and schedule reviews.
- Work closely with clients and team members to develop reports and schedules.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience developing or maintaining Integrated Master Plan or Integrated Master Schedule for a development or acquisition program
- Proficient with Microsoft Project
- Capable of working independently, flexible and creative at getting deliverables accomplished in demanding environments
- Logical, organized, detailed oriented, team-player, excellent communication; and mission-focused
- Experience with resource leveling, critical path analysis, and float management
- Experience in the creation of routine and ad hoc reports
- Able to obtain a TOP SECRET DoD Security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Science, Engineering, Technology, or Math)
- 3+ years of experience developing or maintaining Integrated Master Plan or Integrated Master Schedules for a development or acquisition program
- Current DoD SECRET or TOP SECRET clearance
Apply on company website