Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
SPA's Naval Surface Warfare Analysis Group (NSWAG) provides timely, objective, analytic assessments, strategic planning, and expert operational, technical and acquisition support to the Surface Warfare community. We are trusted agents of the senior leadership in the Fleet, OPNAV, NAVSEA, OSD, DARPA, and the Royal Canadian and Royal Australian Navies. Our deep experience, breadth of support, and analytic expertise allow us to play key roles in developing insights and strategies to address current and emerging challenges to national security.
The candidate will be integral to a new analytical assessment for OPNAV N42, with a leadership role in designing and executing modeling and simulation of worldwide seaborne logistics for the US Navy. You will work closely with the government customer in identifying all inputs and assumptions for the assessment, in addition to developing the methodology and managing a team of former and retired military and technical operations research analysts. The candidate will support efforts to document mission and system requirements, develop system models, support trade studies for system and force level analysis, facilitate client engagements, and present results to clients in various forms. The candidate will also play a key role in developing, mentoring, and leading a team of colleagues supporting efforts in other projects within the division and group.
- Significant staff experience in Navy fleet logistics
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business or Systems Engineering
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Desire to serve as a mentor and team leader
- Capable of breaking down complex issues into simplified problem statements and laying out objective quantitative approaches to identify and compare the merits of competing solutions
- US Citizen and Eligibility for TOP SECRET security clearance
- Master's Degree in logistics, operational logistics, or related field
- Experience in Joint Force logistics
- Experience involving requirements development, technical trade analysis, and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Interim or final TOP SECRET security clearance
Apply on company website