The Net Technical Assessment Group (NTAG) within SPA specializes in the application of multi-disciplinary analytic skills to support multiple clients within the Department of Defense (DoD). One of those clients is the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)). SPA provides an analytic foundation for OUSD(R&E) investment decisions to restore technical over-match of the U.S. Armed Forces. This foundation is based on a comprehensive analytic body of knowledge that evaluates operational needs, U.S. and adversary military capabilities, and emerging technology initiatives. Our mix of experienced military, technical, and operations research analysts is skilled in evaluating military problems, identifying the driving factors, devising innovative approaches, collecting applicable data, developing necessary software tools, and performing thorough and timely assessments to inform technology investment decisions to ensure U.S. military forces retain technological superiority in the future. This requisition will primarily support OUSD(R&E) as part of the NTAG team.
SPA seeks a passionate and dedicated military professional with a demonstrated record of success in dynamic, high-stress environments to support a rapidly growing project. The individual will lead cross-functional, high-performance teams conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform decision makers at the highest levels of the government, including the Secretary of Defense, Congress, and the White House. Candidates can expect to manage multiple tasks concurrently, often with constrained timelines. Tasks may be aligned to the individual's expertise and interests but will often require individuals to rapidly learn and apply new knowledge and skills. A successful candidate in this position will apply expertise to support analytic efforts, communicate results, and support DoD leadership decision making; lead and support multiple, concurrent analysis efforts in support of internal and external clients; develop integrated study plans that articulate study objectives, processes, resources, and schedule; provide status updates of current/ongoing/future efforts to leadership and to the client in a clear and concise manner; lead and support rigorous quality assurance reviews of analytic products to ensure consistency and accuracy; work with multiple team leaders to manage a dynamic work force, integrate related analysis efforts, meet client needs, and protect future project timelines; and brief senior leaders on analytic processes and results.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Systems Engineering, or similar technical field with 15+ years of experience in military operations planning, execution, and assessment.
- Experience leading operational and technical analysis leading to an understanding of U.S. and adversary CONOPS; Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures; weapons systems capabilities; and technology investments.
- Experience conducting and leading qualitative and quantitative analysis efforts that utilize modeling and simulation tools and integrate analysis findings using spreadsheets, databases, or other knowledge management systems.
- Expertise in one or more warfighting domains, mission, or functional areas.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Operations Research, National Security Studies, Engineering, Mathematics).
- Demonstrated experience conducting and leading Operations Research Analysis at the campaign or mission level in support of DoD customers and/or military operations.
- Graduate of Service Command and Staff College.
- Cover letter desired.
Apply on company website