Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
Strategic Operations and Surety Division - Strategic Acquisition and Operations Group – Providing acquisition, lifecycle and operations support to Strategic Weapons Systems program management team. Providing support toward sustainable and affordable next generation conventional and strategic options for the future.
The Policy Analyst will provide wide range of technical and operational advice on military/national command, control and communication (C2/C3) capabilities. He/she will lead technical workshops / assessments studies for C2/C3 programs, including multi-domain, joint, and nuclear. He/she should understand current NC2/NC3 policies and work to develop strategies and reports on future operational C2/C3 concepts and their intersection with future technologies. Analyst will also gather information and analyze industry capability and capacity to support military/national command, control, and communications programs including development, manufacture, integration, supply, adaptation, and sustainment.
- Explore future C3 concepts and develop understanding of the need for an integrated C2 system in which information is quickly analyzed, integrated, and disseminated between the multiple domains, platforms, warfighters, and decision makers.
- Facilitate collaboration and development of concepts for a single, coherent multi- / joint-domain C2/C3 system that supports warfighters in all domains – air, space, cyber, land, and maritime – meeting the C2/C3 needs across all missions, including NC2/NC3.
- Facilitate and address challenges to the viability of the NC3 enterprise architecture and the effect on national security and to provide the Government with new perspectives on enhancements of next generation NC3 enterprise. Provide oversight and coordination of technical, operational, programmatic assessments of projects.
- Experience in research and writing of major OSD-level reports (e.g. Nuclear Posture Review, Readiness Reports, Engagement Strategies, and/or C2/C3 assessments).
- Support development of survivable and enduring capabilities for assured and reliable command and control of our Nation's nuclear forces, working with the NC3 Enterprise Center, STRATCOM, other Combatant Commands, Service Components, and Agencies (CC/S/A).
- Obeya / War Room – Experience in development and management.
- Work with University Affiliated Research Centers (UARCs), Federally-Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs), and industry to understand and anticipate NC3 technical capabilities required to enable reliable, endurable, and flexible operations.
- BA/BS in National Security, International Studies, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in leadership, information technology and program management.
- 2 years of experience supporting Service, OSD or Agency (e.g. DISA) staff
- Experience with Strategic Planning. Policy Planning and Development, Policy Analysis
- Proficient in using MS Office, and effective oral and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities, initiative and critical thinking; capable of leading and managing team members and communicating with diverse senior clients and partners.
- DoD Top Secret Clearance; SCI eligibilty.
- MA/MS in National Security, International Studies, or equivalent experience.
Apply on company website