Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is constantly expanding our capabilities to meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients while adhering to our core values, which include national service, trustworthiness, integrity and candor, broad expertise, stability and security, and teamwork. Our mission at SPA is to provide timely and objective analysis and integrated technical, operational, programmatic, policy, and business solutions in support of important national security objectives. We believe we can best support our client by aligning everything we do with their critical missions with a focus on future needs.
SPA's Emerging Markets Group is responsible for a broad range of analytical, systems engineering, independent assessments, strategic planning, and technology research, development, testing and evaluation (RDT&E) programs in support of new SPA markets, as well as the company's San Diego office and portfolio.
This is a systems engineering and business strategy and technical integration role for the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency's (CISA) National Risk Management Center (NRMC). The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) CISA mission is to lead the national effort to protect and enhance the resilience of the nation's physical and cyber infrastructure. #IN123
The successful candidate will be able to apply experience in business analysis, solutions architecture, systems engineering, and program and organizational management to problems at the intersections of critical infrastructure, emergency preparedness, cybersecurity, and risk management. Specifically, your expertise is needed to 1) Apply systems engineering and structured analytical thinking to unstructured problems at the intersection of critical infrastructure protection, cybersecurity, risk management, and management consulting 2) Lead and coordinate tasks and projects in the areas of business and solutions architecture, enterprise and technical architecture, systems engineering and technical assistance, and program integration, 3) Effectively communicate and present analytical results, including proposed Courses of Action and Analysis of Alternatives, to senior leadership and stakeholders, 4) Draft documents and responses to tasks, which require the application of technical and analytical writing skills, 5) Develop and support data collection for qualitative and quantitative methods to characterize and estimate physical and cyber risks to infrastructure, including threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts, 6) Assist with technical data processing and maintenance, data management, data analytics/analysis, data services, extract/transform/load, and related strategies for data acquisition, archival and recovery, and implementation of data, 7) Lead support for definition of requirements for CISA and NRMC data science activities to quantify risk to the design and operation of infrastructure assets and systems from cyber and physical threats and hazards, 8) Lead the technical portfolio, program, and project management support focused on the NRMC's technical activities, including direction of oversight activities for the NRMC and the National Infrastructure Simulation and Analysis Center (NISAC), and 9) Manage the definition of requirements for data visualization tools and expertise to support the NRMC.
- Bachelor Degree and Graduate Degree in Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Math/Stats, Quantitative or Risk Analysts, IT, Business, Project Management, or related fields
- 7+ years of experience in systems engineering or data analysis with 5+ years of national security experience
- One or more of the following certifications: Project/Program Management Professional (PMP/PgMP), Agile Certified Professional (ACP), Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect, Axelos ITIL Expert or Master Certifications, or other related requirements management, business, and enterprise architecture certifications
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Prior experience at DHS HQ components, DHS NPPD or CISA, DHS OIP, FEMA, or TSA are preferred, but similar or transferrable experiences at DoD, DOE, the IC or other relevant federal government Departments or Agencies
- Current DHS-adjudicated SCI access
Apply on company website