Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The mid-level Civil/Environmental Engineer will provide environmental support to various environmental projects in the southeastern United States for public and private sector clients.
- This is an Engineering Project Management position.
- Must be ready to take on additional responsibilities such as logistical and financial management of engineering and environmental projects.
- Assistance with the execution of projects from conceptual planning phases through final plans, specifications, bid package estimates and construction administration.
- Technical design management and support for environmental remediation, environmental design, treatment system design or infrastructure condition assessment, rehabilitation, design and field/construction administration.
- Ensure technical accuracy, standard engineering practices and inclusion of appropriate documentation on various reports and design projects. Evaluate alternatives, resolve technical issues and interface with other disciplines.
- Provide construction support services such as bid evaluations, plan clarifications, review shop drawings, review monthly progress reports and evaluate change order requests.
- Perform engineering interpretation of specifications and drawings, recommending and documenting design modifications, and coordinating with the design team.
- Make independent assessment of engineering problems and recommend solutions to engineering discipline leads, resolve questions, plan, coordinate, and execute work in a safe, timely, cost effective and compliant manner.
- Achieve financial targets in relation to backlog, utilization, and invoicing.
- Management and mentoring of EIT and technical staff.
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the table, working independently to advance all project and individual client initiatives.
- Maintain existing client relationships and help develop new client and project opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, subcontract specifications, and work plans.
- Participate in technical and business development presentations with clients.
- Other duties may be assigned as determined appropriate by the supervisor based on level of experience.
- BS in Civil Engineering/Environmental Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience in civil or environmental engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Project work and process knowledge of environmental remediation, CERCLA and/or infrastructure condition assessment/design require
- Experience working on federal projects preferred
- Competency in technical project execution and in writing and pricing scopes of work for proposals
- Strong communication, report writing, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with relevant codes and industry standards.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering; experience in a civil or environmental engineering role preferred. PE license required.
Candidate must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in excellent standing within the company standards. Must be highly motivated, self-starters that want to establish a career in environmental consulting.
Management and mentoring of EIT and technical staff.
Language and Communication Skills:
Candidates should be fluent in the English language and possessexcellent verbal/written communication skills. The ability to speak/understand Spanish is a plus. Candidates must be able to professionally interact with clients, subcontractors, professionals and the general public.
Applicants should possess the ability to perform mathematical calculations.
Candidate must have the ability to work well in a professional and team-oriented environment, as well as independently. Candidate should possess strong organizational skills, excellent leadership skills, and be client focused. Must possess basic computer skills; the computer skills must include proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel. Experience with ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD a plus.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 NUS
Apply on company website