Tetra Tech is looking for an Environmental Scientist who will be responsible for conducting and assisting with various projects, including but not limited to wetland delineations, Threatened and Endangered (T&E) surveys, environmental permitting, due diligence investigations and preparation of technical reports. Additionally, work may also include mult-media environmental sampling. Candidates must have direct work experience in conducting wetland delineations, listed species surveys and preparing USACE and FDEP environmental permits associated with site development. It is strongly desired they have working knowledge of FL, SC, GA and AL regulations related to wetlands, listed species and environmental permitting. The candidate should be physically able to complete strenuous fieldwork to support wetland delineations, listed species surveys, and environmental due diligence tasks under supervision of the Tetra Tech Project Manager.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Conduct wetland identification, delineation, determination, mitigation in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations. Prepare all associated data sheets and wetland reports.
• Conduct T&E species surveys and permitting in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
• Prepare USACE Nationwide Permits, Section 404 Dredge/Fill, Section 401 Water Quality Certification and FDEP Environmental Resource Permit applications.
• Use Global Positioning System (GPS) to document points or stake features in the field.
• Prepare technical environmental reports.
• Potentially assist as field staff in environmental investigations.
• 5+ years in the environmental science, environmental consulting, or a nexus industry.
• Proficient with using a GPS, GIS software programs, Excel, Microsoft Word, Power Point.
• Capable of extensive fieldwork.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Wetland delineation training is preferred.
• Must have a good driving record and a valid Driver's License.
• Ability to operate 4WD equipment and trailer attachments is preferred.
• Knowledge of Florida flora and fauna, hydric soils, environmental regulations and permitting.
• Experience conducting wetland delineations and listed species surveys.
• NEPA document preparations would be considered a plus.
• 40-hour HAZWOPER training considered a plus.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Wildlife Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, or a related field is required. A minimum of 5 years of wetlands experience with projects related to one or more of the following areas: land development, transportation, water, energy and oil/gas is required. Candidates must have direct work experience conducting wetland delineations, listed species surveys and environmental permitting to be considered. The candidate must have an understanding of wetland ecology and permitting processes, and be familiar with wetland mitigation site selection, design, and monitoring.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 EGS
Apply on company website