Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
This Senior Project Manager (SPM) is a career development position with personal and professional growth opportunity in our established, rapidly growing, Norfolk, VA office. The SPM will manage the execution of environmental projects targeting a mix of clients (federal, state, local, commercial) with an emphasis on Federal and DoD clients. This individual will also provide support to our existing Program Management teams. Potentially, the SPM should leverage their project and client management skills into program level management of key clients.
Candidates must have:
- A proven track record of managing environmental projects and collaborating across disparate teams to solve complex problems.
- Experience managing in support of CERCLA, RCRA, and/or the MRP that include tasks such as preparing Preliminary Assessments, Site Inspections, RI/FSs, RFI/CMSs, Corrective Measures, Remedial Designs, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidates must have competency in the following areas:
- Strong technical background with project management of environmental projects; having program management experience is a plus;
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills, with a high-level of self- awareness and emotional intelligence;
- Proven record of building and leading teams that solve complex problems;
- Willingness to listen, learn, and apply new skills;
- Initiative to build own career and success.
- 12+ years of experience, preferably working in the environmental field (CERCLA, RCRA, MRP).
- Prior experience working on federal contracts is required; DoD contracts is highly desired.
- Project management related to environmental services is required; program management related experience is a plus.
- Education and Experience:
- BS degree in engineering is required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Professional registration, i.e. Professional Engineer (PE) is required. PMP Certification is a plus.
- The SPM is required to lead project teams comprised of technical staff from various departments or from other Tt offices that may not be direct reports.
- In addition, mentoring and coaching may junior staff will be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work is anticipated to be office-based; participating in some site visits is a strong possibility.
- Client or company meetings away from the office are anticipated.
- This position will require travel by car or by air; anticipated to be up to 20%. Some trips will require multiple overnights stays
- Must be fluent in English, writing and speaking.
- Must possess excellent writing capabilities and have experience generating reports suitable for submittal to clients.
- Must be able to conduct verbal presentations including project summaries, technical status, presentation to the client and/or public, etc.
The candidate must possess mathematical skills commensurate with having earned a BS degree in engineering and maintaining their PE.
Must be able to perform daily operations using Microsoft Windows applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams.
Familiarity with Microsoft Project is desirable, but not required.
Familiarity with Nuance or Adobe Acrobat is also desirable, but not required.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 NUS
Apply on company website