Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a range of technical positions on a USAID funded program in Afghanistan.
The purpose of the anticipated activity Women's Empowerment and Civil Society is to build upon USAID's previous women's empowerment projects and draw key lessons learned from other civil society activities implemented in the country and well as recent national assessments. It will be a nationwide project which will work with Civil Society Organizations(CSOs) and women rights activists from across the 34 provinces of Afghanistan.
Tetra Tech seeks candidates specialized in the following areas:
* Civil Society Strengthening and Networking
* Conflict sensitivity and mediation
* Peace and Reintegration
* Legal Consulting
* Women and Youth Empowerment
* Social Behavior Change Communications
* Project Communications
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience and proven experience managing complex programs in Afghanistan. Additionally, she/he should possess:
* Advanced degree in a related field of expertise required;
* A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of interest. Direct experience in Afghanistan strongly preferred;
* Knowledge of relevant Afghan regulations and procedures strongly preferred;
* Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
* Fluency in English required. Proficiency in Dari and Pashtu preferred;
* Afghan nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website