Bachelors degree preferred; six to eight years related experience, previous on and off premise (retail) sales experience with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five or more years previous sales experience with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier; manager of manager experience preferred. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
• Requires a current, valid state driver's license
• Ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements as defined by the Company.
• Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state
• Oversees, leads, and directs all activities of category management processes statewide. This includes, but is not limited to, the maintaining and training of department staff, managing department duties, directing and assisting in the development as well as review of all department presentations.
• Directs the Business Development Managers in the coordination with sales divisions and suppliers' Statewide Wine and Spirit shelf plans and standards. Provides specific market information to assist suppliers in developing business plans that will be mutually beneficial and successful for the supplier, the customer, and RNDC.
• Provides Chain Account teams with information and direction about the market and their specific chain accounts. Assist in writing category presentations and accompany Chain Account Managers when making category presentations.
• Ensures consistency for the wine and spirits category database. Provides reliable and accurate marketing and sales information and sales presentations to the sales force.
• Directs the performance of analytical research of syndicated market and/or retail data to effectively evaluate wine and spirit performance in the market.
• Responsible for the overall evaluation of category, sub-category, and product level finds for presentation to senior management.
• Oversees space planning projects.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be part of the job, as assigned.
• Supervisory and Management Responsibilities: Manages one or more subordinates which include several Management positions and one or more analyst positions. Carries out management and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Apply on company website