High school diploma or general education degree (GED), preferably two years delivery experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The employee must regularly lift up to 50 pounds and will occasionally lift up to 100 pounds. • Requires a current Class B CDL driver's license (Class A CDL license also allowed and may be required for positions based on location); ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements • Must be able to obtain valid DOT medical certification card and file appropriately with state Motor Vehicle Department • Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
• Properly conducts a pre and post trip inspection, notating any vehicle defects. Abides by the DOT hours of service rules and regulations for their license type.
• The potential for dedicated overnight routes exist.
• Accurately delivers invoiced products by bottle, case, pallet or hand-stack from the delivery truck and placing said merchandise into customer account.
• Verifies receipt of correct order with the customer by checking product type and size against the provided invoice, obtains customer signature and payment if necessary, for goods received.
• Ensures physical security of truck at all times.
• Delivers to approximately 19 accounts daily. May deliver to up to 30 accounts during times of increased account activity.
• Covers approximately 160 miles daily, miles occasionally increase anywhere from 200 to 300 miles during times of increased account activity or out of town routes.
• Possibility to work with one or more helpers.
• Provide feedback to transportation management in terms of route changes or route concerns.
• May utilize a smartphone for interaction with hours of service (HOS) software and/or driver monitoring programs.
Compensation & Benefits
Starting at $24.55/hr.
Home every night *
This job position offers health, dental and vision coverage, and a 401(k) Plan. Other benefits include company-paid benefits such as paid holidays. We also offer a program to provide associates with scheduled or unscheduled paid time off for personal or family illness and doctor appointments.
Participation in these programs are subject to applicable wait periods and all plan and program terms and eligibility.
With roots extending before Prohibition, Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC) is a family-owned business that has evolved into one of the nation's largest wine and spirits wholesalers. We offer a vibrant inclusive culture and workplace experience for individuals who desire a profession that makes them feel accomplished, challenged, and engaged. Our associates are diverse, passionate, and socially responsible making RNDC an employer of choice in the industry.
At RNDC, we care about your well-being at work and with your family. We offer competitive pay and benefits. We deliver exceptional professional development and career advancement opportunities. Your success and achievement is supported by innovative learning programs, industry certifications, associate resource groups, diversity councils, mentorships, and an enthusiastic network of professional peers who care about you and our communities. Together, we partner with our communities to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
With high-energy professionals who genuinely enjoy their jobs, at RNDC we believe If It's Fun, We're Doing It Right!
* Some routes may vary
Apply on company website