Work where the beauty is unmistakable and the surroundings are ever changing with the seasons. Here you can expect an extensive benefits package, 401K match, free gym access, free meals, on-site housing and more... Come experience the business of true hospitality where memories are made!
SUMMARY: Our staff Accountant is responsible for daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks related to payables and receivables functions including posting credits, debits, verification of invoices, food & beverage inventory projects and problem resolution. Support the finance department as a whole with special projects and other assignments as needed. Candidate will also occasionally assist with night auditor shifts for vacation/sick time requests. Candidate should be proficient in MS Word and Excel and be knowledgeable in basic bookkeeping principles. Prior accounting and/or bookkeeping experience is preferred. Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
Hotel and Group Accounts Receivable: Coordinate with Catering and Banquet Director on all aspects of group billing. Responsible for handling all guest disputes of charges posted to rooms during guest stays once the guest has departed from the resort. Place collection calls and work with conference services and sales departments in the collection of all delinquent group accounts.
Whitetail Club Member Accounts Receivable: Responsible for all aspects of Monthly Membership billings for Whitetail Club. Post all member payments and prepare daily journal entry. Review all member tickets for accuracy and file. Photocopy and file required backup documentation, attaching to statements. Prepare and mail monthly billings by the 5th of each month. Post finance charges as needed monthly. Send past due notices. Maintain all needed documentation for membership billings, respond to inquiries about billing and resolution of any problems discovered.
Maintain database of all member accounts, updating all systems for any changes in member status and demographics. Maintain spreadsheet of member dues, initiation fees and refunds. Perform database queries.
Post daily deposit checks, member payments and A/R payments.
Whitetail Property Owners Association Accounts Receivable: Responsible for all aspects of Monthly POA billings. Maintain POA dues spreadsheet and POA Lot & Owner spreadsheet. Maintain design review and construction deposit spreadsheet.
Other Accounting Duties: Perform all accounting functions in accordance with proper internal control procedures. Prepare and maintain monthly reconciliations of Accounts Receivable and Income Accounts for Shore Lodge, Whitetail Club, Whitetail Real Estate and Whitetail Property Owners Association (POA). Provide support to General Cashier and A/P Staff. Perform other accounting duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
· Pick up Daily Audit Reports and Cashier Close-outs from Front Office.
· Balance, reconcile and process recurring credit cards; transmit batches; verify successful transmission.
· Prepare and send group billing with coordination with Director of Catering.
· Collection calls on all delinquent group accounts.
· Ensure resort deposit policy is being adhered to with all group contracts, variances must be approved by general manager and controller.
· Collect and post all deposits for groups.
· Collect and maintain all pertinent backup for group bills.
· Post daily deposit checks, member payments and A/R payments and prepare daily journal entry.
· Review all member tickets for accuracy and maintain documentation.
· Respond to inquiries in regards to member billings and resolve any problems discovered.
· Maintain member database, updating for any changes in member status and demographics.
· Prepare and send monthly POA statements.
· Maintain excel database spreadsheets for Members and POA.
· Perform database queries.
· Perform Daily/Monthly GL Reconciliations.
· Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
a. All hotel features, services and hours of operations.
b. Hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
c. Groups currently in hotel.
· Participate in Accounting meetings as scheduled.
· Complete assignments and special projects assigned by Assistant Controller/Controller.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
· College degree in Accounting / Finance desired and previous bookkeeping experience including Accounts Receivable.
· Understand accounting concepts including debits/credits, chart of accounts, general ledger reconciliations, and journal entries.
· Accurately compute mathematical calculations.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced abilities in Excel spreadsheet manipulation.
· Identify problem sources, troubleshoot and identify resolutions.
· Strong organizational skills required coupled with the ability to work without daily supervision.
· Enforce resort's standards, policies, and procedures with all levels of resort staff.
· Prioritize and organize work assignments.
· Maintain clear and accurate records for all adjustments posted
· Previous experience in the hotel industry and familiarity with Great Plains / Dynamics Accounting Software preferred.
· Working knowledge of Agilysys, GolfPro or other Point of Sale systems.
· Professional interpersonal skills required.
· Ability to handle guests while maintaining resort and club etiquette standards.
Apply on company website